- What is political theory? Epistemological implications
- What is political theory? Meta-ethical issues
- The egalitarian theory of distributive justice by John Rawls
- The theory of rights by Robert Nozick
- The theory of resources equality by Ronald Dworkin
- The theory of capabilities of Amartya Sen and Marta Nussbaum
- The communitarian perspective
- The multiculturalist perspective
This course will address fundamental moral and political theories that will provide the basic understanding tools to address more recent theories. In particular, the course will focus on teleological theories (in Aristotelian and utilitarian versions) and ethical theories (theory of rights and Kantian universalism). Other approaches, such as the theory of supererogation and the theory of stages of moral development, will also be discussed.
Courses[edit | edit source]
Annexes[edit | edit source]
- Sabine, George H. “What Is a Political Theory?” The Journal of Politics, vol. 1, no. 1, 1939, pp. 1–16. JSTOR, https://www.jstor.org/stable/2125628.
- Catlin, George. “Political Theory: What Is It?” Political Science Quarterly, vol. 72, no. 1, 1957, pp. 1–29. JSTOR, https://www.jstor.org/stable/2145356.
References[edit | edit source]
- Page personnelle de Matteo Gianni sur le site de l'Université de Genève
- Concordia University, Faculty of Arts and Science - Department of Political Science. “Dr. Matteo Gianni.” Dr. Matteo Gianni, https://www.concordia.ca/artsci/polisci/wssr/all-guest-lecturers/matteogianni.html
- Profil de Matteo Gianni sur ResearchGate: https://www.researchgate.net/scientific-contributions/2010087511_Matteo_Gianni
- Profil Linkedin de Matteo Gianni - https://www.linkedin.com/in/matteo-gianni-2438b135/?originalSubdomain=ch
- Matteo Gianni - Citations Google Scholar
- “Matteo Gianni - Auteur - Ressources De La Bibliothèque Nationale De France.” Data.bnf.fr, https://data.bnf.fr/fr/16166342/matteo_gianni/.
- “Matteo Gianni: Università Degli Studi Di Udine / University of Udine.” Academia.edu, https://uniud.academia.edu/MatteoGianni.